Tuesday 9 September 2008

In Dublin's Fair City


Hello, and welcome to my blog! Odds are, if you're here, I know you, or at least know of you, so please feel free to comment and let me know you've found me! Here is where I will be chronicling my year at Trinity College, along with all the travel and silly Irish quirkiness that naturally will come along.

The first time I went to Ireland was in the fall of 2006, where I studied for a semester at the National University of Ireland at Galway, a small town on the west coast. I was writing for the school paper at the time, which gave me the chance to write about the entire experience. It even prompted me to do things I would not have ordinarily tried (like eating macaroni and cheese out of a can -- yuck).

The purpose of this blog, then, is a double one: to continue to reap the benefits of writing for the paper without actually writing for the paper, and to share my experiences with my family and friends in a more detailed way.

I will be in the country on September 18th, and actually in Dublin by September 24th. Check back regularly, though I'm sure if you follow this blog, you'll learn more about Ireland, the trials of living abroad, and my personality flaws, than you had ever hoped to know. Slainte!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. YOUR Dad sent me the link so be mad at him. Good to hear you are having a good time... between cries!

Texas Steve

KT said...

Hi, Steve! He had warned me he would, so no blame here :) Hope you're enjoying your travels as well~